Duplicate entries in bb-hosts

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Thu Aug 21 17:01:01 CEST 2008

Hi all

Here's one that's got me stumped.
All the Hobbit docs and list information states that if we monitor a
host with a dynamic (DHCP assigned) IP address, we put it into bb-hosts
as
0.0.0.0     server01    # Other stuff here.

Ok, not a problem. Been there, done that got the T-shirt.

Now, if a host need to appear twice (or more), in 2 different pages or
groups, for instance, then the first entry in bb-hosts is supposed to be

1.2.3.4    server02     # Other stuff here
and the second (and subsequent) appearance should be
0.0.0.0    server02    # Other stuff

Also all good. Got a few T-shirts for that too.

Now for what I am trying to do.
A host with a dynamic (DHCP assigned) IP address needs to appear twice.
So I thought we follow the pattern.
First entry
0.0.0.0    server03    #
Subsewunt entries
0.0.0.0    server03    #

Looks too easy.
Well, it is too easy.
Now on the hobbit server, bbtest is yellow, and the gives the message
Error output:
Host server03 appears twice in bb-hosts! This may cause strange results
Any ideas how to get round that?
The only other factors that might be relevant are
1. All the servers appear a second time in bb-hosts include file.
2. All of these hosts are Windows machines, running bbwin.

All assistance greatly appreciated.

Regards
     Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.