bb-hosts dependency behavior

Michael Hobbs michael.hobbs at infusionsoft.com
Tue Aug 19 17:59:23 CEST 2008

I have a bunch of hosts dependent on our router as you can see by the configuration below. When ever the router conn test alerts, the others do as well. I thought that that dependants would not alert if the parent test was red or do I just have configuration error?

#Office router
x.x.x.x infusionVIP # testip
#Colo Router
x.x.x.x sterlingVIP # testip depends=(conn:infusionVIP/conn)

#Colo Servers
x.x.x.x  ent3        # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)
x.x.x.x   raid1       # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)
x.x.x.x   raid2       # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)
x.x.x.x   raid4       # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)
x.x.x.x   raid5       # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)
x.x.x.x   raid6       # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)
x.x.x.x    earl        # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)
x.x.x.x    sparky      # testip ssh depends=(conn:sterlingVIP/conn)

--
Michael S. Hobbs
sr. systems administrator

Phone: 480.289.6832 | Fax: 480.807.0665