[hobbit] multiple hobbit servers with different bb-hosts files: BBDISPLAYS troubles

Sebastian spa at syntec.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 22:10:01 CEST 2008

Stef Coene <mailto:stef.coene at docum.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 14 August 2008, Sebastian wrote:
>> Sebastian <mailto:spa at syntec.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you see the "--ghosts={allow|drop|log}" setting for hobbitd?
>>> "allow" seems to be what you want.
>>
>> Actually you can also use BBGHOSTS in hobbitserver.cfg, which is more
>> convenient I think. The man page unhelpfully doesn't list what
>> BBGHOSTS of 0 does, but the cfg file does, so... you want a BBGHOSTS
>> of 0.  Or make sure the bb-hosts file are the same on both
>> servers...  It is designed so that they can be.
> It is not a ghost problem.  I was expecting that the information will
> be send to both BBDISPLAY servers and that they will decide what to
> do with the information.
> But that's not the case, it talks to the first BBDISPLAY server and
> only if that server is accepting the information it is also send to
> the second BBDISPLAY server.

Well your situation / original message is not very clear then.  What is the
big picture you are trying to achieve here?  Have you checked your
http://xxx/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=xxx&SERVICE=hobbitd
and
http://yyy/hobbit-cgi/bb-hostsvc.sh?HOST=yyy&SERVICE=hobbitd
pages?  Are there are errors, warnings, ghosts or multi-source statuses?
Maybe you can post them?

SebA