RRD Graphing configuration

Bill Richardson wrichardson at llbean.com
Tue Aug 12 15:09:10 CEST 2008

I now have the graph step at 60 secs and heartbeat is at 120 secs and
the graph is working. This one problem remaining...

I deleted the rrd and recreated it using the following:

rrdtool create testgraph.rrd --step 60 /
 DS:test1total:GAUGE:120:0:U /
 DS:test2total:GAUGE:120:0:U /
 DS:test3total:GAUGE:120:0:U /
 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:576 /
 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:576 /
 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:576 /
 RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:576

The problem I still have is the averaging issue. I would like to get the
true values not average. The problem is I
have data that I want to graph that can range from 0 to 5  "that's 0, 1,
2, 3, 4  or 5" and the graph shows average
so my graphs come out with numbers like 200m while the true value is
really 2 and so on. The problem is the
data will sit a 0 for maybe an hour and then go to 1 or 2 for a sample
or two.

Any thoughts on how I could recreate the graphs to show true values?

thanks

Bill