[hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight name change will happen

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Mon Aug 11 17:36:25 CEST 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008, Galen Johnson wrote:
> If you've ever been to a real NOC, you'll notice that they usually have a
> large set of displays that are set up around the room for viewing problems
> at a glance.  I can understand where they would be viewing from a distance.
Same for us.  We have 2 large monitors, each monitor has +/- 10
hobbit/bb2.html pages in frames (each frame has a transparant png with the
name of the customer over it).  By looking at the colors and the icons, we
can spot errors and warnings.
My desk is 8m away from the monitors.  I have the same screens bookmarked on
my laptop.  When there is an error, can see it on the screens and I use my
laptop to check it out.

> Ideally, to aid color blind folks (I work with a guy that has Macular
> Degeneration and requires a special application that reverses his video)
> and those that are visually impaired, the icon set should have different
> shapes associated with them as well.  I'd have to go look but I think Steve
> Aiello's set on The Shire are this way.
I was thinking about using the 24u icons as "primary" icons because they have
different shapes.  I also was thinking about creating a background that not
only differs in color, but also in shape.

Stef