[hobbit] Why the next Hobbit release hasn't happened yet

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 7 22:41:57 CEST 2008

In <489AEE96.1030504 at mcclatchyinteractive.com> Tom Georgoulias <tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com> writes:

>Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>> It would obviously be good to have more people involved in the
>> programming.  One roadblock for this has been that the source code has
>> not been available in a public repository. That is about to change;
>> I am working on setting up a Subversion repository for the Hobbit code
>> on SourceForge.

>Just wondering, will you be reviewing patches before they are committed
>or are you going to have a fairly liberal check in policy?

To begin with, I'd like to keep an eye on what gets committed to the
code base. However, I don't want to become a bottleneck. My hope is that
there will be a few persons who contribute regularly, and whom I can trust
to do things the "right" way (whatever that is), so I don't have to
check on everything they do.