[hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight name change will happen

Shea, Graeme A Shea.Graeme.A at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sat Aug 2 00:13:59 CEST 2008

The corporate culture is such that while everyone I show loves what
Hobbit does not one person will implement it. One of the big problems is
the name and then maybe the icons :-(. Any chance that someone else in
the corporate environment can use it as a source of ridicule no matter
how unjustified will kill it before it gets off the ground. These people
aren't PHB's just been there, done that and don't want to do anything
that will damage their career.

I would suggest something along the lines of "Sulvantent", a made up
word close enough to Surveillance for people to link the two.

B.T.W. I explain that I like all of the systems in my care to be doing
what the business wants them to do and when this happens we get "green
across the board". This is where Hobbit gets its name, Hobbits like
green and will work hard to get it. This helps, but not enough.

Regards
Graeme