[hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight name change will happen

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 18:03:59 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM, s_aiello at comcast.net
<s_aiello at comcast.net>wrote:

> On Friday 01 August 2008 10:09:24 T.J. Yang wrote:
> > >Maybe time for a more corporate name (and possibly to remove the smiley,
> > > frownie faces from the dashboard :) I know I can do this myself,
> > > but......
> >
> > I once proposed we hire professional icon designer to design a set of
> > hobbit alert icons. But this require hobbit fund which doesn't exist yet.
> >
> > tj
>
> There is an icon set alternative I created a while back ago, I believe they
> are up on The Shire. The -recent icons 'pulse' to catch the eye. Not sure
> if
> they will be what you are looking for tho.

There used to be a beer-bottle set in the Big Brother collection on Deadcat,
but I don't suppose they'd be PHB-friendly either.

I think the point behind the pulsing icons in BB was to make it easier for
color-blind people to tell what was going on.  That feature probably should
be retained in any new icon design.

Ralph Mitchell