[hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight name change will happen

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Fri Aug 1 16:56:20 CEST 2008

On 1 Aug 2008 , Everett, Vernon entreated about
 "RE: [hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight na":

> I thought he grew up in Bloemfontein?

yeah, born there.  I may be wrong because I can find no references to
his knowing the Hogsback area, but then Wikipedia is not infallible,
just like me).

but, I have read somewhere that he got 'hobbit' from Hobbiton on
Hogsback, but that may just be speculation.  failing furthur evidence
I withdraw everything