[hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight name change will happen

DA Forsyth iwrtech at iwr.ru.ac.za
Fri Aug 1 15:06:21 CEST 2008

On 31 Jul 2008 , Manocchia, Robert entreated about
 "RE: [hobbit] "Hobbit" name legal stuff; slight na":

> How about find a name so obscure in the Silmarillion that even the
> lawyers couldn't find it.
>
> Seriously though, how about hobbiton.

that is a placename.  'Hobbiton on Hogsback', about 100km from where
I am (you can see the Hogsback mountains on a clear day), I've been
there, and that is where Tolkien grew up, ergo 'Hobbit's in the book

--
       DA Fo rsyth            Network Supervisor
Principal Technical Officer -- Institute for Water Research