[hobbit] Monitoring FLEXnet License Manager

Anna Jonna Armannsdottir annaj at hi.is
Wed Apr 30 14:07:49 CEST 2008

On mið, 2008-04-30 at 11:28 +0000, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> Wouldn't there be some commandline utility from the FLEXnet package
> that you can use, e.g. to query the number of currently in-use
> licenses ? As long as it contacts the network daemon it can be used to
> check that the daemon is running, and then you can probably make a
> custom test wrapper around the command line tool, and generate the
> Hobbit status based on this.

Hi Henrik,
you are right (as usually :) . Now it is time to talk to the other
sysadmins and see what they know of such a command line utility,
but I am sure they have talked about it.
Thanks.

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?