Purple Status Questions

Geoff Hallford geoff.hallford at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:39:15 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Currently the purple status (agent not checking in) only occurs after 30
minutes and then no matter what I set my alert duration to (even immediate),
it doesn't alert for another 30 minutes. So it is like this:

1. Turn off agent on server
2. Wait 30 minutes
3. Status turns purple in Hobbit for all except 'conn'
4. Wait 30 minutes
5. Email alert is sent for purple status

The alert I have setup for it is for duration>1m though, not 30m ... and it
*works fine on red* but not purple.

HOST=geoffpc COLOR=purple,red EXSERVICE=msgs DURATION>1m
        SCRIPT /hobbit/server/ext/email-alert.sh $GEOFF FORMAT=plain
RECOVERED
My questions are (hopefully someone knows because I didn't find it in the
documentation):

1. Can I set 'step 2' above to only wait 10 minutes before a purple status
2. Can I set 'step 4' above for hobbit to check the hobbit-alerts.cfg for
purple alerts right away and not wait 30 minutes?

Thanks all for any help you can give me.

Geoff