[hobbit] Ports and procs and files

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 14:50:26 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 15 April 2008, Bill Arlofski wrote:
> DNS wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to get rid of "ports", "procs" and "files" column
> > on the hobbit-server?
> >
> > Thanks...
>
> You can use the group-except directive in the bb-hosts file. eg:
>
> group-except ports|procs|files My Servers
> 192.168.0.1	serverone.example.com # ...
> 192.168.0.2	servertwo.example.com # ...

This question can be solved in different methods. It all depends on the reason
why you want ports, procs, & files removed. It would help us to answer your
question, if you provide this information on your original query:

Senario 1: You have not set thresholds for these tests, thus you have alot of
clear statuses that you want to not be displayed.
Answer: Edit server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg, scroll down to the [clientdata]
section, add "--no-clear-files --no-clear-ports --no-clear-files". Note, if
these clear statuses already show, after adding that setting you will need to
drop those tests or they will go purple.

Senario 2:For a particular subset of servers, you do not want these tests to
be processed or shown.
Answer: Use the bbtag "NOCOLUMNS:files,ports,procs" in the server/etc/bb-hosts
file, to the particular set of servers. The same Note above applies.

Senario 3: You want to display the device on a page, but want to limit what
tests are displayed.
Answer: the previous replies outlined the procedure.

 ~Steve