[hobbit] Installing Release 4.3

DNS dns1407 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 07:12:44 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I've installed librrd2-dev and voila...the install process is running..but...what do i have to change in apache so that i can access to the GUI? I've install the Hobbit to /usr/lib/hobbit and leave every thing default during installation...my make file look like this..:

# Toplevel Makefile for Hobbit
BUILDTOPDIR=`pwd`
# configure settings for Hobbit
#
# Toplevel dir
BBTOPDIR = /usr/lib/hobbit
# Server home dir for etc/, bin/
BBHOME = /usr/lib/hobbit/server
# Server data dir for hist/ etc.
BBVAR = /usr/lib/hobbit/data
# CGI scripts go in CGIDIR
CGIDIR = /usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-bin
# Admin CGI scripts go in SECURECGIDIR
SECURECGIDIR = /usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-secure
# Where to put logfiles
BBLOGDIR = /var/log/hobbit
# Where to install manpages
MANROOT = /usr/local/man
# How to run fping or hobbitping
FPING = /usr/bin/fping
# Username running hobbit
BBUSER = hobbit
# Hobbit server hostname
BBHOSTNAME = HobbitServer
# Hobbit server IP-address
BBHOSTIP = 127.0.0.1
# Hobbit server OS
BBHOSTOS = linux
# URL for Hobbit webpages
BBHOSTURL = /hobbit
# URL for Hobbit CGIs
BBCGIURL = /hobbit-cgi
# URL for Hobbit Admin CGIs
SECUREBBCGIURL = /hobbit-seccgi
# Webserver group-ID
HTTPDGID=adm
# RRDtool settings
RRDDEF = -DRRDTOOL12
RRDINCDIR = -I/usr/include
RRDLIBS = -L/usr/lib -lrrd -L/usr/lib -lpng
# PCRE settings
PCREINCDIR = -I/usr/local/include
PCRELIBS = -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre
#
# ZLIB settings
ZLIBINCDIR = -I/usr/include
HOBBITZLIB = -L/usr/lib -lz
#
# OpenSSL settings
SSLFLAGS =
#
# OpenLDAP settings
LDAPFLAGS =
#
# Net-SNMP settings
DOSNMP = yes
# Large File Support settings
LFSDEF = -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
# Limit the size of status message texts passed to external alert scripts
MAXALERTMSGSZ = 4096
# Build a shared library for common Hobbit code
# NOTE: Only tested on Linux
# HOBBITLIBRARY = libhobbit.so
RPATHVAL += /usr/lib /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin /usr/local/lib
include build/Makefile.Linux

# Add local CFLAGS etc. settings here
include build/Makefile.rules

My apache2-config.conf:

Include /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbit-apache.conf
RedirectMatch "^/$" "/hobbit/"

My hobbit-apache.conf:

# This file is for Apache 1.3.x and Apache 2.0.x
#
# Add this to your Apache configuration, it makes
# the Hobbit webpages and cgi-scripts available in the
# "/hobbit" and "/hobbit-cgi" URLs.

# NB: The "Alias" line below must NOT be used if you have
# the Hobbit webfiles as the root URL. In that case,
# you should instead set this:
#
# DocumentRoot /var/lib/hobbit/www
Alias /hobbit/ "/var/lib/hobbit/www/"
<Directory "/var/lib/hobbit/www">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes MultiViews
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /hobbit-cgi/ "/usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options ExecCGI Includes
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /hobbit-seccgi/ "/usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-secure/"
<Directory "/usr/lib/hobbit/cgi-secure">
AllowOverride None
Options ExecCGI Includes
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
# Password file where users with access to these scripts are kept.
# Create it with "htpasswd -c /etc/hobbit/hobbitpasswd USERNAME"
# Add more users / change passwords with "htpasswd /etc/hobbit/hobbitpasswd USERNAME"
#
# You can also use a group file to restrict admin access to members of a
# group, instead of anyone who is logged in. In that case you must setup
# the "hobbitgroups" file, and change the "Require" settings to require
# a specific group membership. See the Apache docs for more details.
AuthUserFile /etc/hobbit/hobbitpasswd
AuthGroupFile /etc/hobbit/hobbitgroups
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Hobbit Administration"
# "valid-user" restricts access to anyone who is logged in.
Require valid-user
# "group admins" restricts access to users who have logged in, AND
# are members of the "admins" group in hobbitgroups.
# Require group admins
</Directory>

What do I do wrong????

Please help...I want to try version 4.3.....

Thanks...

DNS