[hobbit] devmon 0.3.0 released

Chris Wopat chrisw at supranet.net
Sun Apr 13 01:37:20 CEST 2008

Quoting Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net>:

> Devmon 0.3.0 final has been released, and is available for download from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/devmon
>
> The changes since 0.3.0rc1 are as follows:

<snip>

Just wanted to chime in- I hadn't heard of devmon before reading this
thread, and it's great. I use hobbit to monitor many hosts, and the
gap that it never filled was snmp polling. I realize there were a few
scripts for this around, but the devmon solution seems perfect. I'd
love to see this exact type of SNMP polling merged into hobbit some
how, but I really don't know how difficult that would be technically
or politically. Anyway..

The documentation is great, I was able to get it running and working
in no time. In my case, it's the perfect solution to monitor bonded
serial connections, such as MLPPP or HDLC. Prior to this, the
interfaces would have to be numbered (have ip addressess).

> -cisco-4500, cisco-msfc2, cisco-5500, cisco-6506, cisco-2811,cisco-3640

Just to note, the 3640 template also works fine on a 3620, but I
tested cpu and if_stat only. You may be able to get away with just
calling it '3600'. Also, I dont see a template for a cisco 7500, I
have some to test with, ill likely see if any of the other templates
(such as 7206) work with this and let you know if it does. I'm going
to wait a few days on this because I just want to let devmon run for a
few days on a few smaller routers first.

--Chris