[hobbit] Hobbit client executing a script to be proactive if a problem occurs?

Chris Wopat chrisw at supranet.net
Fri Apr 11 20:51:16 CEST 2008

Haertig, David F (Dave) wrote:
> Here is how I execute a remote "pkill" on a client.  Replace
> "client_server" with your client hostname, and replace "client_userid"
> with the userid (on the client) that you want to run the script (pkill)
> under.  Also, set up ssh pubkey authentication between the Hobbit server
> and client so that ssh does not prompt you for a password.
>

> hobbit_alerts.cfg:

<snip>

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed to get started. I can un-wrap the
lines no problem, only a few were anyway.

I'm assuming you're using ssh keys? My current hobbit server
installation (from FreeBSD ports) has no home dir set, so it looks like
I'll have to set one to store its side of the keys.

--Chris