Sort of off topic (gsm modems)

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:04:58 CEST 2008

Hi hobbit users,

We have a gsm modem hooked up to a hobbit server. It actually resides
offsite in another data centre. Today, the modem locked up and I now need to
travel to the site to power the thing off and on.

has anybody experience with some sort of device that can do this remotely?
ideally, I would love to have some sort of black box that plugs into the usb
port of my linux based hobbit server. If we detect that the modem has
stopped working, we can send some sort of signal to switch the power off and
then back on...

Any thoughts?

Phil