[hobbit] Apple OSX 10.4.7 monitoring

Dominique Frise Dominique.Frise at unil.ch
Wed Apr 2 09:10:33 CEST 2008

Maik,

We are using the Darwin client on G5/Intel OSX 10.[3,4,5].x servers.
We had to add a couple of lines at the end of the hobbitclient-darwin.sh script
to be able to report the log status using logfetch.

$ diff hobbitclient-darwin.sh hobbitclient-darwin.sh.dist
56,60d55
< if test -f $LOGFETCHCFG
< then
<     $BBHOME/bin/logfetch $LOGFETCHCFG $LOGFETCHSTATUS
< fi
<

After a while, you should have two files in ~hobbit/client/tmp:

logfetch.<client-name>.cfg
logfetch.<client-name>.status

You can then check the file ~hobbit/client/tmp/msg.<client-name>.txt for the
presence of lines like:

[logfile:/var/log/system.log]
type:100000 (file)
mode:640 (-rw-r-----)