[hobbit] NooB questions - Status not Available

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Wed Sep 26 00:54:01 CEST 2007

"Status Unavailable" is a result given by the CGI script running.  I
usually get this on new nodes when there is no data in the data
directory (usually /home/hobbit/data, at least on my servers).  You
might want to check the permissions on these directories and make sure
there are files getting written to the this directory (or more
specifically, the subfolders in it).

I don't know why you have your directories all over the place.  Our
entire installation of hobbit on all three servers is in /home/hobbit,
with subdirectories going out from there.  Makes things easier to secure
and easier to manage.  Did you divide those up on purpose?

Regardless, check on the permissions of the directory that you have
setup for data compilation.  These would be the $BBVAR and the variables
in the same section as it in your hobbitserver.cfg

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer