MySQL replication status checker

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Tue Sep 25 01:26:43 CEST 2007

I just got bit hard by a MySQL replication error, so I'm about to write
a Hobbit client-side ext script that will check the local servers slave
status (CHECK SLAVE STATUS \G), parse the output, and alert
appropriately (red if Slave Running = No, or if Seconds Behind Master
 >300, yellow if Seconds Behind Master <300 but > 60...otherwise green).

If anyone already has a script that does this, please let me know, and
let's put it on The Shire.  If nobody else has one, I will whip one up
and share it.

-Charles