[hobbit] Xen Hobbit Monitoring Script

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Mon Sep 24 20:30:33 CEST 2007

That's an good idea ...

.. and how to configure or debug it ...

my
clientlaunch.cfg looks like

[vt]
ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
CMD /usr/lib/hobbit/client/ext/mi-vt.py
LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/xen.log
INTERVAL 5m

but i've got no logfile or something else, nothing to see ..

cheers,
             martin

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Charles Jones wrote:

> Nice...can you send this to TheShire?
>
> Andrew Rankin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I work with Tom Georgoulias over at McClatchy Interactive, he suggested that
> > I share a python Xen VM Monitoring script I wrote for our systems.  I've
> > uploaded it to: http://eiknet.com/mi-vt.py.bz2
> >
> > This script is handy in that it sends information from the Dom0 on behalf of
> > the DomUs.  This way VM data shows up in hobbit with the rest of the DomU
> > host information, giving you the following information updated correctly
> > even if you migrate/move the DomU to another Dom0:

Gruss

       Martin Flemming

Martin Flemming
DESY / IT          office : Building 2b / 008a
Notkestr. 85       phone  : 040 - 8998 - 4667
22603 Hamburg      mail   : martin.flemming at desy.de