[hobbit] Idea about added RRD options

Charles Goyard charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com
Thu Sep 20 10:05:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

Sigurður Guðbrandsson wrote :
> Hi Henrik (and anyone else who likes to code during their workhours ;-)
>
> I am trying to put up a custom graph based on an altered version of
> Dell System Check script (most changes I have made are to be found on
> the Shire).
>
> The graph is based on temperatures on 1-4 cpu's and 1-4 memory modules.
>
> The problem is that I can't know how many modules of cpu or ram I am
> going to put in a graph per server.

Actually, there are two ways of doing so :

- get a recent snapshot of hobbit, there's a "splitncv" feature included.

- send a "data" message formatted something like "cpu1.rrd:GAUGE:34"
(search the archives for the exact format, it's from memory). This
feature is in some patch too, not in 4.2.0.

Regards.

--
Charles Goyard - charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31
Orange Business Services - online multimedia  // ingénierie