[hobbit] Upgrading Hobbit Server to 4.2.0 and old bb/hobbit clients

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Sep 13 17:32:51 CEST 2007

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 07:52:04AM -0700, Rick White wrote:
> If I upgrade my server to 4.2.0 from 4.1.2p1, will I have to upgrade my
> current bb clients (bb16e1) and the hobbit clients? Will the bb clients
> and hobbit clients still work with this version of the server?

Your clients - both the BB and Hobbit ones - will continue to work.

There are some new features in 4.2.0 - most notably, the logfile
monitoring in the Hobbit client - which requires that you also update
the clients, but it is not something you MUST do immediately when
upgrading the server. You can upgrade the clients as needed, when you
want to make use of those new features.