[hobbit] hobbit hierachy

Dugan, Darin D [EIT] dddugan at iastate.edu
Mon Sep 10 16:05:44 CEST 2007

I've not personally used the badTEST stuff, so I'm not sure which of
these you need:
depends=(badconn:switch-1/badconn)
depends=(conn:switch-1/conn)

I use route for this kind of thing, though I suppose either should work.

x.x.x.x	switch-1	# badconn:1:1:5
x.x.x.x	ups-1		# badconn:1:1:5 route:switch-1

In this case when switch-1 goes down the conn test for ups-1 would show
yellow, and clicking through to it would say something like:
--
Mon Sep 10 08:30:56 2007 conn NOT ok : Intermediate router down

Service conn on ups-1 is not OK.
The router switch-1 (IP:x.x.x.x) is not reachable, causing this host to
be unreachable.
--

Cheers.

If