[hobbit] monitoring a file

Iain Conochie iain at shihad.org
Mon Sep 3 11:10:15 CEST 2007

Joshua Krause wrote:
> I am wanting to monitor a file to make sure it doesn't get any smaller
> than 500k.  This is on a remote machine that has the client software
> setup on it.  On the remote machine i put this entry in the
> localclient.cfg that looked like this:
> FILE    /export/home/dncs/mystro/bfs/Compass_OOB/rt.grp.z SIZE<800
>
> I am not getting anything to report back on the BBDISPLAY though.  any
> ideas would be appreciated.

You also need to add

file:/export/home/dncs/mystro/bfs/Compass_OOB/rt.grp.z

As an entry in client-local.cfg. This should be the first entry and
should start with the name of the machine you are monitoring e.g.

[foo.bar.org]
file:/export/home/dncs/mystro/bfs/Compass_OOB/rt.grp.z

You should probably add the entries for the host OS to this as well, as
I believe that hobbit uses first match principles

Cheers

Iain