[hobbit] New to Hobbit --- file monitoring

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Wed Oct 31 21:16:15 CET 2007

How long did you wait?  It takes a bit (10 minutes or more) for changes
in client-local.cfg to propagate to the clients (they have to detect the
change, and then pull it in, then act on it, and this takes a couple of
poll cycles).

And, of course, you must have a working agent on the remote machine.
The Hobbit server can run network tests (pings, http, etc.) but it
requires remote agents in order to perform many of the client tests
(CPU, memory, disk, file, messages, ports, etc.)

GLH