Issue with bbproxy

Aaron Kincaid akincaid at beckautogroup.com
Tue Oct 30 19:55:19 CET 2007

Having an issue with bbproxy.  I have a main hobbit box 192.168.213.5
and a secondary box that currently has 192.168.213.4 (it will be moved
offsite after testing and setup is completed)  I want .4 to forward all
info to .5, but 4 does not need to display anything locally.

On .4 I have tried various things with no apparent progress.  In
hobbitlaunch.cfg I disabled hobbitd as instructed and set [bbproxy] up
as follows

[bbproxy]

        ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg

        CMD $BBHOME/bin/bbproxy --hobbitd --bbdisplay=192.168.213.5
--report=$MACHINE.bbproxy --pidfile=$BBSERVERLOGS/bbproxy.pid

On the main server .5, I get the following messages under hobbit process

Hostname 'apollo.tfc.com' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'bomgar' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'apollo.tfc.com' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'bomgar' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'apollo.tfc.com' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'bomgar' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'apollo.tfc.com' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'bomgar' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'apollo.tfc.com' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'bomgar' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'apollo.tfc.com' in tree, but no host-info

Hostname 'bomgar' in tree, but no host-info

Do I need to do something on .5?  I tried adding 'apollo.tfc.com' and
'bomgar' to the bbhosts file on .5 but that appears to have produced
resulted in .5 simply checking the hosts out for itself instead of using
.4's results.

So, several questions:

1) How to I display the result from .4 on .5?

2) Where will the info appear?  On the bb.html page or can I make it
appear in one of my existing PAGE groups?

3) In the future can I use --bbdisplay=192.168.213.5 to use the FQDN for
when I finally deploy it?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron Kincaid