[hobbit] Strange "problem" with refreshes

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Tue Oct 30 20:21:19 CET 2007

Some of use IE6, others Firefox, others IE7.  I haven't verified with
everyone, but several people I /have/ asked all maintain position.  I
myself see it maintain position in both IE6 and Firefox 2.0.0.8

Some pieces of our apache config I thought were relevant:

SSLSessionCache         shmcb:/var/lib/apache2/ssl_scache

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443
Listen 443

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin myboss at ourdomain.com
        DocumentRoot /path/to/root
        ServerName our.webaddress.com
        RedirectMatch permanent (/.*) https://our.webaddress.com //$1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerAdmin myboss at ourdomain.com
        DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs
        ServerName monitor.directpointe.net
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/monitor.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl.key/monitorssl.key

</VirtualHost>

# This file is for Apache 1.3.x and Apache 2.0.x
#
# Add this to your Apache configuration, it makes
# the Hobbit webpages and cgi-scripts available in the
# "/monitor" and "/monitor-cgi" URLs.

# NB: The "Alias" line below must NOT be used if you have
#     the Hobbit webfiles as the root URL. In that case,
#     you should instead set this:
#
#          DocumentRoot /home/hobbit/server/www

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes MultiViews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    SSLRequireSSL

    AuthUserFile /path/to/hobbitpasswd
    AuthGroupFile /path/to/hobbitgroups
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "monitor"

    Require user user1 user2

</Directory>
Alias /monitor/  "/home/hobbit/server/www/"
<Directory "/home/hobbit/server/www">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes MultiViews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    SSLRequireSSL

    AuthUserFile /path/to/hobbitpasswd
    AuthGroupFile /path/to/hobbitgroups
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "monitor"

    Require user user1 user2

</Directory>

I can't see anything about caching, which I think would be more relevant
to the discussion.  Then again, I'm no apache admin guru.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer