[hobbit] No graph in Trends but shows up in the column

Stewart, Tom L. Tom.Stewart at landsend.com
Fri Oct 26 21:40:12 CEST 2007

I received an answer from Buchan Milne on the devmon list and his answer
fixed my problem.

The jest of it is:

I need to have my rrd files look like this: ifload.Gi00.rrd instead of
ifloadGi00.rrd. I had to change the FNPATTERN to match. I don't know if
this is a bug or was made to do this on purpose. Now that I know, I can
work around the issue.

Also in case anyone is interested, I do two different graphs in trends.

Note the original if_load is actually my ifloaddet. The network team
wanted to see the in and out combined in the column, but get the
individual detail in trends.

In hobbitgraph.cfg

[ifload]
          TITLE Network Traffic
          YAXIS Bits/second
          FNPATTERN ifload.(.*).rrd
          DEF:in at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:in:AVERAGE
          CDEF:inbytes at RRDIDX@=in at RRDIDX@,8,*
          DEF:out at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:out:AVERAGE
          CDEF:outbytes at RRDIDX@=out at RRDIDX@,8,*
          CDEF:tot at RRDIDX@=outbytes at RRDIDX@,inbytes at RRDIDX@,+
          LINE2:tot at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@ Total In Out
          GPRINT:tot at RRDIDX@:LAST:%8.2lf %s (cur)
          GPRINT:tot at RRDIDX@:MAX:%8.2lf %s (max)
          GPRINT:tot at RRDIDX@:MIN:%8.2lf %s (min)
          GPRINT:tot at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE:%8.2lf %s (avg)\n

[ifloaddet]
          FNPATTERN ifload.(.*).rrd
          TITLE Network Traffic
          YAXIS Bits/second
          DEF:in at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:in:AVERAGE
          CDEF:inbytes at RRDIDX@=in at RRDIDX@,8,*
          DEF:out at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:out:AVERAGE
          CDEF:outbytes at RRDIDX@=out at RRDIDX@,8,*
          LINE2:inbytes at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@ In
          LINE2:outbytes at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@ Out
          GPRINT:inbytes at RRDIDX@:LAST:%8.2lf %s (cur)
          GPRINT:inbytes at RRDIDX@:MAX:%8.2lf %s (max)
          GPRINT:inbytes at RRDIDX@:MIN:%8.2lf %s (min)
          GPRINT:inbytes at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE:%8.2lf %s (avg)\n
          GPRINT:outbytes at RRDIDX@:LAST:%8.2lf %s (cur)
          GPRINT:outbytes at RRDIDX@:MAX:%8.2lf %s (max)
          GPRINT:outbytes at RRDIDX@:MIN:%8.2lf %s (avg)
          GPRINT:outbytes at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE:%8.2lf %s (avg)\n

In the bb-host you need to do this:

X.x.x.x       Cisco-dev-dns       # conn COMMENT:"Cisco 7204" DEVMON
TRENDS:*,ifload:ifload|ifloaddet

Again, many thanks to Buchan Milne on the Devmon list.

Tom