[hobbit] Fail over?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:24:54 CEST 2007

> Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:02:34 +0200> From: henrik at hswn.dk> To: hobbit at hswn.dk> Subject: Re: [hobbit] Fail over?> > On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 02:18:16PM -0400, Stewart L wrote:> > So, how are others doing this? I have a server set up here in my> > primary data center. We're monitoring a few thousand hosts right now> > with a large number of custom externals.> > > > I've been tasked with setting up a fail-over or disaster response> > server in case our primary data center has issues. All of our clients> > are currently configured to send their messages to the IP address of> > our primary server.> > > > Now, I could just copy the bb-hosts file to the DR site, but then I> > would only get the network tests since the clients all report to the> > primary.> > I run two completely separate systems in parallel, and have the clients> report to both of them. The system at our disaster center has the paging> module disabled (just disable the [bbpage] section in hobbitlaunch.cfg),> to avoid double alerts - it is simple to activate it, if necessary.

I was thinking of using Sun Cluster(hb on Solaris) or HeartBeat(hb on Linux) but
then how can I configure the Cluster solution to failover from one site(Florida) to another(NewYork) ?

I believe this setup is the most simple failover solution at the only expense of extra
network bandwidth usgage to the secondary hb server.

tj