clientupdate and bbproxy

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:56:59 CEST 2007

I'm having a problem with the interaction between clientupdate and bbproxy.
On our test LAN I have an instance of bbproxy set up which forwards all the
incoming messages to the development section of my main Hobbit server. The
problem arises because bbproxy is unable to handle the clientupdate
procedure. The logfetch.hostname.cfg file is not being created, which means
that the "msgs" column is always clear.  Is there anyway around this? You
can't just place the logfetch...cfg file int the tmp directory, because
clientupdate will just erase it before it determines that it has nothing to
replace it with.

Thanks,
Larry Barber