Hobbit Memory is Yellow but it's just normal

Frank Flynn frank at declan.com
Tue Oct 16 00:07:21 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I have a server who's memory keeps going Yellow:

    Mon Oct 15 14:50:27 PDT 2007 - Memory low

    Memory              Used       Total  Percentage
   green Physical           7820M       8055M         97%
   yellow Actual             7341M       8055M         91%
   green Swap                  0M       8055M          0%

And so it is; these numbers do match the `free` numbers.  But it's
not really all being used, it's just the way Linux works.

I'm really only using ~1.5 Gb of 8 and the rest is 'Slab' - which is
kept around by the kernel as a cache.  But I have no Swap used so
we're good.

So how do I get Hobbit to see that and relax (not go to Yellow) until
we start using Swap?

Frank