[hobbit] alert macro and SERVICE rule

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Tue Oct 16 00:01:57 CEST 2007

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the macros I use do not contain
any part of the alert commands. In other words, using your example, I
use the macros like so:
hobbit-alerts.cfg
-----------------
$patrickemail=ple at host.com
$chrisemail=ccolon at host.com
$ediemail=edi at host.com

HOST=pd-gis
    MAIL $patrickemail RECOVERED
    MAIL $chrisemail SERVICE=http  RECOVERED
    MAIL $ediemail SERVICE=status REPEAT=24h RECOVERED

I use similar to above with no problems.  I think your problem is from
using alert keywords inside your macros.
-Charles