No alarm on route:

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Wed Oct 10 17:30:27 CEST 2007

This may actually be a silly question, but I didn't find anything in the
docs that sounded like it fit the bill.  Anyway, we monitor a lot of
remote sites where we monitor one device with another device behind it,
with another device behind it, with more devices behind that, etc.

We're using route:nexthostout in bb-hosts to keep all of them from going
red when the devices further down the line aren't the issue, but they
still turn up yellow on the bb2 page.  Is there a way to only see the
device that actually went red, and not the others that require it as
their route?

If not, it's no deal-breaker, but it would be helpful if our alarms page
wasn't covered in hosts just because a remote site's internet router
went down.

Tod Hansmann

Network Engineer

333 South 520 West, #200

Lindon, Utah  84042

Office:  801.805.9700

  <http://www.directpointe.com/>

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION: E-mails from DirectPointe may contain
confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient.  If
you received this e-mail in error, please delete the e-mail and all
attachments.  Thank you.