[hobbit] Custom graphs with multiple data sources

Charles Goyard charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com
Wed Oct 10 08:50:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

Alan Sparks wrote :

> However, with this, I am only able to manage one graph, and one data
> source, per device.  I would like to graph all the session values.
> I would also like to use multiple RRD files.  My experience with the
> single-file, multiple-DS approach is that, if I add another virtual,
> graphing will break (updates error out, probably since the RRD was not
> created with this new data source defined).
> [...]

Check the september 2007 mail archives, there's a discussion about it.

There's three solutions :

- apply a patch I posted on the list (does split-ncv on a testname
  basis). My patch has a memory leak, so beware (I kill my hobbitd_rrd
  every 24h).
- send "data" messages with a body like "foo.rrd:mydsname:GAUGE:500
  (Sorry, no pointers for that one, and it needs a recent snapshot).
- take a snapshot or a least the hobbitd/rrd directory from the source,
  it includes the split-ncv feature without the memory leak (thank
  Henrik).

--
Charles Goyard - charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31
Orange Business Services - online multimedia  // ingénierie