[hobbit] Trend Graphs Stopped Showing Data

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Oct 8 18:01:02 CEST 2007

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 08:38:50AM -0700, Mike Livenspargar wrote:
> We are a new installation of Hobbit 4.2.0, running on SuSE
> Linux ES 10 SP1 machines. All has been working fine for a
> couple of months until yesterday when the CPU load and Users
> and Processes trend graphs for a particular machine stopped
> showing data. All other trend graphs for that machine appear
> to be working correctly. The graphs appear on the Trends
> page, but the last 16 hours or so show no data for those two
> graphs.

Is the CPU status for that host showing a purple status ?
If yes, then for some reason the cpu status is not being updated,
and this affects the graph updates.

There's also been one report that the hobbitd_rrd module crashed
on a specific status message, which could also explain it. In that case,
you should have a core file in the ~hobbit/data/tmp/ directory,
and some log-entries in hobbitlaunch.cfg.