problem with CLASS definition

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Sat Oct 6 01:21:53 CEST 2007

I have a host whose client was started via: "./runclient.sh
--class=APP_PRIMARY start"

In the hobbit servers hobbit-clients.cfg, I have something similar to:

CLASS=APP_PRIMARY
    PROC "someproc"
    PROC "/some/other/proc"
DEFAULT
    PROC sshd

The problem is that only the default proc "sshd" is being checked on the
host.  The expected behavior is that the CLASS would be used and other
other procs checked instead. I know this has nothing to do with the
DEFAULT setting, as using HOST=hostname works fine. I just cant get it
to check the procs by CLASS.  Is there any way to debug this?  Shouldn't
the CLASS show up in the "info" section?  Do I need to put the class
name in quotes on the command line?

Thanks,
-Charles