[hobbit] Use several Hobbit on different place

Whilding, Craig Craig_Whilding at mentor.com
Thu Nov 29 18:07:44 CET 2007

In the main bb-hosts file on the server:

137.xxx.xxx.1 gb17.gb.domain.com                # NET:main DESCR:"printer: "

page remote remote

include /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/bb-hosts(remote)

in the remote bb-hosts subfile:

subpage Printers Printers

137.xx1.xxx.1 gb6.gbr.domain.com		# NET:remote
(you don't really need these tags on the remote sites when all hosts in their bb-hosts file will be tested but it helps if you end up adding anymore tiers to your monitoring)

In hobbitserver.cfg on main server:

BBLOCATION="main"                    # The network location, makes bbtest-net test only hosts with NET:foo

In hobbitlaunch.cfg on remote:
CMD $BBHOME/bin/bbproxy --hobbitd --bbdisplay=137.xxx.xxx.1,127.0.0.1 --listen=137.xx1.xxx.54 --report --no-daemon --pidfile=$BBSERVERLOGS/bbproxy.pid
(ie send to main hobbit server and hobbit server running on localhost, listen on external address of localhost)

In hobbitserver.cfg on remote:
Ipaddress=127.0.01 or whatever the variable is.

There might be something else you need to do to get it working properly but I think this is it. Check the error logs if you have trouble with the remote side of things.

Regards,
Craig