[hobbit] fallback alert service

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:49:30 CET 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 9:22 AM, Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com> wrote:
> I've used the txt.att.com for a couple of years and not once missed any
> alerts or notifications of voicemail.  I really can't help you beyond this
> point.  Though I would yell at my mobile provider if that was my situation!

I think what Joost is saying is that, when his email server/gateway
goes down there's no way to send email to his pager to let him know...

Joost - could you get your messages out by posting to a web page??  I
did that some time back by going to the relevant web page, extracting
the form, filling in the message, then posting it back.  Once I had
the method sorted out, I could just post the form without the tedious
prior steps.  Curl is pretty good for that - it handles http, https,
proxies, authentication, etc.

Ralph Mitchell