[hobbit] fallback alert service

Joost van den Broek joost at seat-ibiza.nl
Wed Nov 14 15:48:08 CET 2007

Well, that's not my problem. I indeed use the email2sms gateway from my
mobile provider, and that's also exactly my problem. I'm monitoring the
MX servers of this gateway and they, unfortunately, go down too often.
That's why it would be nice if there could be some dependency system on
the alerts, so in case these servers are down it will use another
address / script. I guess this could be scripted completely (external
from Hobbit), but why not use Hobbit's ability to determine which
gateway servers are/aren't available for alerting?

Joost