[hobbit] single alert for a host going puprle

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Tue Nov 13 17:48:35 CET 2007

Well your first problem there can't really be avoided unless the person
modifying the firewall rules is more on top of their game.

The second issue you can easily have it start up when entering runlevel 3
(what a lot of people use out there, remainder of them being 5) but doing an
ln -s /etc/init.d/hobbit /etc/rc3.d/S82hobbit

I have never seen Hobbit crash, but I have only been using it for upwards of
a month or two.  Still, a crashed hobbit won't disallow ICMP echoes.

Josh

--
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340