[hobbit] single alert for a host going puprle

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Tue Nov 13 17:24:30 CET 2007

Let me understand your situation.  You have one host, IE:

1.2.3.4 mybroken.host.com # ssh dns pop3 smtp http://mybrokenhost.com

Now after some time you have ssh and dns going down, but the box is still
green on conn/ping?  Logically, there are two problems - bad bind and bad
opensshd, so two alerts is a wise choice.

If you are saying with the example above that every test goes down because
it is offline, in my case at least, it only gives me one alert - bad conn,
the rest are tagged with "depend" essentially and don't alert you.  Is this
not the case for you?

--
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340