[hobbit] bbgen - Program crashed - Fatal signal caught!

Joshua Krause forums at triadbiz.rr.com
Fri Nov 9 20:49:22 CET 2007

I ran it through gdb as described in:

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/known-issues.html#bugreport

This is the output:

[hobbit at gsonc-spg-ops-1 server]$ gdb bin/bbgen tmp/core.20017

GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.5-16.el5rh)

conditions.

This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.

Reading symbols from /lib/libpcre.so.0...done.

Loaded symbols for /lib/libpcre.so.0

Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.

Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6

Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.

Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2

Core was generated by `bbgen --recentgifs --subpagecolumns=4 --report'.

Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.

#0  0x00492402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

(gdb) bt

#0  0x00492402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

#1  0x44e2cc00 in raise () from /lib/libc.so.6

#2  0x44e2e451 in abort () from /lib/libc.so.6

#3  0x080687e3 in sigsegv_handler (signum=11) at sig.c:57

#4  <signal handler called>

#5  0x0805271f in calc_pagecolors (phead=0x88a2bb8) at process.c:96

#6  0x08049d01 in main (argc=4, argv=0xbf913344) at bbgen.c:594