[hobbit] on-going snapshot issue

Gore, David W (David) david.gore at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Nov 9 20:22:27 CET 2007

Henrik,

Using today's snapshot on a Redhat Enterprise Linux 4, Dell Optiplex 620
machine I still cannot get this to work.  This is a new OS install, new
hobbit install (latest snapshot) with nothing but a description,
DESCR:"This is a description...", added to the only entry in bb-hosts.
I also changed the following:

hobbitserver.cfg:FQDN="FALSE"
hobbitlaunch.cfg:       CMD bbgen $BBGENOPTS --report --tooltips=never

I also tried 'always' and the default which removes "--tooltips="

The only way I could get hobbit to remove the descriptions on the
bb2.html page was to edit line 469 in lib/htmllog.c to "if (1)" from "if
(usetooltip)" and recompile.

To remind you this is what it looks like on my bb2.html page:

Hobbit-server (This is our main hobbit server that has a really long
description which pushes all the columns over to the right) conn
cpu  	 disk  	   	 http  	 info  	   	 msgs  	 oratns-1521
ports  	   	 traprate  	 trends....

~David

Ps. Sorry it took so long to comment on this.  I appreciate the help.