[hobbit] Use hobbit in operation center with critcal systems view

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 15:21:06 CET 2007

> > Special Case missed or belated Messages by Operation Center;
> > Now some application/scripts sends Alerts to the Console View and the Operation Center make an alert call for each event.
> > A problem in Hobbit/BB is when changes happen in red messages, the Operation Center didnt realize that until the acknowledge time runs out and they make the alert call again.
> > This can happen for example in the disk status test (a second filesystem goes red) or with nested Tests/Logfiles. With the Event Console they get two messages (each for one Filesystem).
>
> This is a problem with all of the tests that have multiple ways of going
> red: disk, procs, msgs and http are the common ones. I don't have
> solution to that right now. The way Hobbit works right now assumes that
> when you get an alert about the "disk" status, you keep on fixing it
> until the status goes green - and then the Operations Center won't need
> to raise a ticket for the second event.

As has been mentioned before, it seems the "Info" column doesn't
properly display GROUP alert definitions...

Anyway, what about doing something with the way GROUP alerts are
defined to take care of such tests with multiple ways of going red.
For starters, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to modify the
Critical Systems page to handle group-based alerts.  You could then
expand on that idea to take care of each individual triggering event.
Migrating this functionality to the non-green page/etc might take a
little more work, but I know at least where I work, getting this taken
care of so our Operations Center doesn't needlessly call people is the
first time I would want to get working.