[hobbit] big brother replacement

Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Fri Nov 2 00:22:48 CET 2007

Josh Luthman wrote:
> I see what you're saying, but you still have to manually specify
> which server you're connecting to.  If the bb1.domain.tld can not be
> reached the techs have to manually enter bb2.domain.tld - correct?

Well, no need to enter anything manually. We have on each big brother
server a page with links to all the other bb servers, and I'm sure the
support folks have links bookmarked, so if the DC1 data center is
down, then instead of clicking on e.g. dc1bbdata, they'd click on
dc2bbdata. Normally the 2 bb display servers in each pair provide an
identical view, so this only matters in the event of an outage.

> I know of several BB ext scripts that work perfectly with Hobbit and
> even more then just needed a small weak.  Would you be able to post
> the entire ext script?  Hopefully Henrik is willing to answer your
> $64 question =)

Sure, I can post the entire script - it's in the attachment -

Joe