[hobbit] big brother replacement

Tod Hansmann thansmann at directpointe.com
Fri Nov 2 00:17:22 CET 2007

I'd be using Henrik's solution as follows, given your situation:

"I run two completely separate systems in parallel, and have the clients
report to both of them. The system at our disaster center has the paging
module disabled (just disable the [bbpage] section in hobbitlaunch.cfg),
to avoid double alerts - it is simple to activate it, if necessary.

"Config files are rsync'ed from the primary site to the disaster site
regularly."

Though to be honest, this failover script may be something that can be
converted over to be used in hobbit.  You might be better off going one
of a dozen different options that are slightly different than how you
have it setup, but that's up to you.

Hobbit doesn't have this built-in.  That's for sure.  I would think it's
fairly easy to use it to get much the same effect, though.  I'll wait
for others responses on your situation and throw my own thoughts back in
tomorrow morning.

Tod Hansmann
Network Engineer