[hobbit] Removing unused client test columns?

Hobbit User hobbit at epperson.homelinux.net
Thu May 31 15:28:54 CEST 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 17:05, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 02:38:30PM -0400, Hobbit User wrote:
>> I'll not be using the files, ports, or procs client-side tests, which
[snip]

> See the hobbitd_client manpage for the "--no-clear-X" options.
>
> Also, NOCOLUMNS in bb-hosts can be used (see the bb-hosts manpage).

Thanks, I'd missed both of those.  "--no-clear-xxx" would do for files and
ports, but I don't see a "no-clear-procs" option, so have not pursued that
way.
"NOCOLUMNS" looks like the right way to do it from a manageability
standpoint (central config).  Had to bang it over the head a little to get
it to actually drop the columns.
bb 127.0.0.1 "drop host columname"
didn't do it, so I removed host from bb-hosts, did "drop host", then added
it back to bb-hosts.  All OK now.

Thanks for the help, sorry for not Reading The Fine Manual thoroughly.