[hobbit] disk tests

s_aiello at comcast.net s_aiello at comcast.net
Fri May 18 13:50:06 CEST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 22:35, Tod Hansmann wrote:
> There's no requirement that you use a different column name in your
> status reports.  Can you just not configure disk tests for that host and
> let your script report "status hostname disk etc" instead?
>
> You would have to keep sending responses at the same intervals expected
> for your other disk tests, or risk getting purples, but I figure that's
> not a problem.
>
> Tod Hansmann
> Network Engineer

I believe the disk report is created by the Hobbit server. It feeds off the
client data [df]. To stop the hobbit server from creating the disk report for
a client use the bbtag, "NOCOLUMNS:disk". But since you want to replace the
disk report, with one generated by an ext script, this may be tricky. If your
ext script sends in disk reports, this maybe squelched by that bbtag. But
since the following is said in the bb-hosts man page, "Note: If the columns
already exist, you must use the bb(1) utility to drop them, or they will go
purple." I believe it won't squelch the the disk report generated by your ext
script.

If that doesn't work, 2nd option would be to edit the
client/bin/hobbitclient-OS.sh on the client, and comment out the [df] area. I
do not think the Hobbit server will generate a disk report if it doesn't have
any [df] clientdata. but only testing will tell.

Let us know how your testing goes, and good luck,
 ~Steve