[hobbit] Hobbit on a virtual machine?

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:53:07 CEST 2007

On 5/11/07, Stephen.Budgeon at marineharvest.com
<Stephen.Budgeon at marineharvest.com> wrote:
> The only problem we had with it was due to the time drifting... Because
> the VM does not run 100% of the time, the clock can fall behind.
> This was especially apparent on Fedora...
>
> See
> http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa;jsessionid=2A2133B9464ADCBE6B6
> C37F578A998E8?messageID=382726&#382726

I remember reading about clock drift, but not how to fix it.  That's
useful, thanks... :)

I didn't run it very long.  I just wanted to see how well it worked,
with view to setting up a "disaster recovery" image so that if our
Hobbit server crashed and burned I'd be able to fire up a copy
*really* quickly on any available hardware, such as my laptop.  Given
that the server is a single-733MHz-cpu DL380, I figured a VMWare
instance on a 2GHz laptop ought to be able to keep up fairly well. :)

Ralph Mitchell